I haven't posted in a long time but again like we have been all summer, we've been busy!
Since the 4th of July weekend, my parents have come and stayed for a week...which was so much fun having them see our apartment for the first time and spend some time here in Houston, we attended Michael Robicheaux and Geri Powell's wedding in Clear Lake, and we went to Corpus last weekend and celebrated Brian Kirkham and Lauren Duge's wedding! It was so much fun to see so many of our friends again and especially spend some time in Corpus. Sometimes I really do miss living there because you always run into someone you know anywhere you go.
This past week I finished up my summer job with Stretch-N-Grow and I'm so excited to start inservice tomorrow!! My oldest sister, Amy, is also coming this week to help finish up my classroom. I can't believe that the first day of school is coming up so soon, August 24th. I already sent postcards to all of my new little first graders that I can't wait to meet. :)
Thursday night we had a terrible thing happen... Drew's car was broken into and his gps was stolen. If any of you know Drew then he has been pretty lost these past few days because he really relied on the Garmin to get around, and not only that but he uses it every day for his work. Needless to say, only the passenger window was broken and he got a new gps. But we did file a police report and they got the burgler's descriptions and licence plate number.
And on an exciting note... our dear friend Cliff Pennington was moved up from AAA to the big leagues again!! He is playing short stop for the Oakland A's. It was so fun to watch him play the past two nights on TV. We are so proud of you Cliffy and we can't wait to see you play more :)
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment