We started off the break by leaving on Tuesday. My girlfriends and I had our annual "Christmas Secret Santa" gift exchange drawing at dinner. We went to this cute little new sushi restarant and drew names. I really look forward to doing this every year. I think this might be 8th or 9th year that we have done it. After dinner we went to the Executive Surf Club (this awesome CC hang out) and got to see a bunch of other Corpus people. It's always a reunion at holidays and we all look forward to it.
The rest of the week was just filled with family and seeing more friends. Lucy had such a great time playing with my sister's dog and Drew enjoyed the chance to go fishing (he REALLY misses living by the coast). We saw two movies while we were down in CC... New Moon (which I saw 2 times actually! and The Blind Side.) If you haven't seen The Blind Side then you HAVE TO GO SEE IT!!! It was seriously the best movie I've ever seen. We came back to Houston on Sunday night and we are counting down the days till Christmas.
Drew and I are going to put up a tree this week. We are excited to use all of our Christmas ornaments that we got last year at my shower. We are sad to say that we aren't getting a "real" tree this year... we are scared Lucy might eat the needles! So we got a tiny fake tree... haha it will do :) I'll post pictures as soon as we get the apt decorated. I just ordered monogrammed stockings and we are going to put them on the mantle. I just LOVE Christmas time! We are also taking our Christmas card pictures this week, so be checking your mailbox in about a week!
I hope everyone had a blessed holiday filled with lots of family and friends. Here are some pictures from our holiday break...
Me and my girls :)
mr. and mrs.
the whole group :) we hadn't been together since my wedding!
my sweet houston gal :)
I just LOVE them!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great week off!!! How fun to get together with old friends!
Post a Comment