Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving and It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!

This year Drew and I hosted my family at our house for Thanksgiving. It was such a treat to have my entire family present in our new house. My parents and Amy and Danny, Dustin and Kaitlyn arrived on Wednesday and we stayed up late catching up and making sure we had everything ready for the next day. Thursday morning, Katherine, Rick, Courtland and Tyler arrived and all of us were up early to start the cooking. The men and boys enjoyed watching the Cowboys and Saints game and finally lunch was ready. It was delicious and so much fun to use all of my china and crystal :)
After lunch we we all took naps and then stayed up to watch A&M BTHO tu! It was a great game!!
Friday morning all of the girls got dressed and we headed to a full day of shopping at Old Town Spring. It was so much fun to take my mom and sisters there, it was their first time! Later that night, we all came back to Katy and 12 of us packed in the car went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. So much fun!
Saturday morning, everyone left and Drew and and packed up with Lucy and headed to CC for the night. We had Sean Walker's bday and Kelly and Christina McCain's 1 year wedding anniversary party to attend. It was fun to be able to see some of our friends- even though it was a short trip.

After finally getting the house cleaned up from Thanksgiving, I bought our tree and started decorating our house. We have a 9 ft tree decked from top to bottom with lights, ornaments and ribbon (I'll post pictures soon!) Our mantle has stockings (Lucy even has one too!) and it is adorned with garland. And finally our yard has some cute Christmas decor in it. It is so much fun this year to decorate my OWN house.

We also went this past weekend and made a BIG purchase for our living room. This is really mine and Drew's gift to one another but we bought living room furniture and it is being delivered tomorrow. YAY!!! My mom is also coming this weekend to stay and go to our cousin's wedding and Houston First Baptist's Christmas show. I can't wait for some sweet time with my mama!

6 1/2 more days until I'm off for 2 weeks.... oh the countdown is ON and I'm anticipating Christmas shopping and all of our holiday festivities that are to come. Hope everyone is remembering the true reason for the season! I will post pictures next :)

No comments: