Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The past 2 months, Where have you gone??

Hello ALL!

SUMMER IS HERE!!!! My last post was from May 2nd and where oh where has the time GONE... I cannot believe that it's almost July.
Here's what the Dueitt's have been up to for the past 2 months...
  • I turned 25 on the 13th of May. My parents were in town and we all got together to celebrate at my favorite, The Cheesecake Factory, yum yum! 
  • My Mom also spent the day with me in my classroom on my birthday. It was so special to have her there on my special day, but more importantly she was able to meet my little 1st grade munchkins that I always talk about... Here are a few cute ones from that day.
My sweet Mom reading to my students :)

Cordoroy Math!

My munchkins with my Mom and me!

25!
  • Gina had her last bridal shower in CC. It was so adorable! The theme was cupcakes and champagne... what a sweet way to celebrate her upcoming marriage :) 
Cupcakes!

Champage!

Gina and her MOH's
My Beautiful Best Friend!

  • Teresa had her bachelorette party in CC the same weekend as Gina's last bridal shower (Memorial Day weekend). Oh how fun it was!! We had a great time eating delicious sushi at SushiBar and going to Havana Club. It's times like this that I really miss living in CC. We had so much fun with Teresa celebrating her last "fling" before the "BLING!"
Cheers to the Bachelorette!
I love this girl! :)

Love you, Soon-to-be, Mrs. Walker!
  • I ended the school year with BANG... My students were AMAZING this year, as well as my team. I was extremely ready for summer, as were my students... but I was sad to see them go on the last day. I removed everything from my classroom and stored it all in my cabinets for the summer. I am going to be teaching first grade again in the same classroom but we still had to put everything away so they could clean... that part was not fun but I'm excited to start fresh in 2 months and put it all up again.
  • We had our 47th annual Cousin's Reunion with my Mother's side of the family in Wimberely, Texas. We have been going there to the 7A resort for as long as I can remember. It was so much fun seeing old and new cousins and just being together as a family. This family reunion is something that is so near and dear to my heart. I left with such a great "fullfillment" of being with my roots and I already can't wait until next year when my immediate family hosts! It was also Drew's first time to go and meet some of these CRAZY cousins that I talk about. What a wonderful weekend it was!!
  • I joined the Junior League of Houston!!! I've been so ready to join this wonderful organization for some time now. I began part of my placements. I'm working summer concentrated in the tea room (which is our restaurant in the Junior League House). I work most days during the week, waitressing, so come visit me and I'll serve you some delicious orange rolls :) I also am working in the library at Texas Children's Hospital, every other Tuesday evening from 6-8 p.m. I LOVE working there. I have already felt more fulfillment in volunteering there, and I've only gone 3 times. I'm very excited to be at this placement and will continue to work there volunteering until November. 
  • Sean & Teresa Walker got MARRIED on June 11th... next post is more detailed with pictures :)
  • Gina & Brian Langford got MARRIED last weekend!!!!! Another post to come with details of the wedding with pictures :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We are trying to stay COOL in this horrible heat and enjoying our short vacations to visit with friends! 

No comments: