Last weekend was one of the
best weekends of my life... my BEST friend, Gina, married the love her life, Brian Langford in San Antonio, Texas. This wedding was not only the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to, but it was the sweetest and I had the honor to be her very special, Matron of Honor. The entire weekend, everyone was reminded of how special and sweet Gina & Brian's relationship is, and it truly shown in all events. The Lord was present in everything we did, and I know that he brought these two wonderful people together for a reason.
I mentioned in my MOH speech that my favorite scripture in the bible is: Jeremiah 29:11,
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to not harm you, but to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." We do not know the plans that the Lord has for any of us, but I do know that one of his plans was to bring Gina & Brian together, and he did! He will prosper them and he will always give them hope and a future. I can't wait to see what the future will hold for them!
Here's a recap of the weekend!
Friday afternoon, the bridal party met at Nails by Lynn for manis/pedis. What a fun way to kick off the wedding!
 |
| Pedi's! |
 |
| Mani's! |
 |
| Getting Glamorous! |
 |
| Love my little, Bride-to-Be! |
After getting our nails done, we headed over to the hotel to check in and get ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. We stayed at the historical, Sheraton Gunter in downtown San Antonio. It was beautiful... and haunted... more details on that later :)
We arrived at the church around 6 p.m. for the rehearsal. The wedding was held at The Incarnate Word Cathedral in Alamo Heights. I cannot even put into
WORDS how AMAZINGLY, BEAUTIFUL this church was. It was heavenly. I couldn't wait to see what the wedding would be like the following day in the Sanctuary.
 |
| Beautiful Church |
 |
| Unbelievably Heavenly! |
 |
| Gina & her bouquet I made... with her ribbons from all of her showers |
 |
| Sweet Father of the Bride moment! |
 |
| Gina and her precious flower girl, Olivia |
 |
| Pretty girls :) |
 |
| The Soon-to-Be, Langford's! |
 |
| Practicing... |
 |
| So sweet! |
 |
| More practicing... |
 |
| All lined up! |
 |
| One of my favorite things about this church was the pews... they faced each other because this church was built like a European Church, just like William & Kate! |
After the rehearsal, we headed over to La Fonda on Main for the rehearsal dinner. What a fun, festive way to celebrate Texas roots than at a Mexican food restaurant. I loved this restaurant, especially because I used to eat there with my Grandparents when I would visit them in San Antonio growing up. We had fajitas and enchiladas, hand squeezed margaritas and then following dinner homemade desserts made by Brian's family.
 |
| La Fonda on Main |
 |
| Our table |
 |
| Head Table |
 |
| My BEST Friends! |
 |
| Just LOVE her! |
 |
| Giving my speech... |
 |
| Me and my hubby :) |
 |
| LOVE this picture!! |
 |
| We love you, Gina & Brian and we look forward to seeing you begin your journey together! |
 |
| Gina & her MOH's |
 |
| Last Kiss of the night! |
Saturday arrived... The Wedding Day!! All of the girls began our day with a bridal brunch hosted at one of Gina's cousin's houses. The food was delicious and it was a nice treat to begin our day of primping. Gina gave away all of her hostess gifts and wedding party gifts. As her MOH and a bridesmaid I received an oil painting of pansies. Being that Gina & I share being a Tri-Delt, I LOVED it! But I never knew that the word "pansy" comes from the word "pansee" which means in French,
merriment. What a wonderful way to remember the wedding weekend of merriment of G&B!
 |
| Beautiful Arrangement |
 |
| The Wedding Day is here! |
 |
| I made a scrapbook for Gina that begins with her and Brian's engagement and then continues through all of her showers. After that I had all of the girls in the wedding party make her a special page about the two of them and they are in the back of the book. It was so special! |
 |
| She loved it! |
 |
| The Wedding Party and our BEAUTIFUL paintings! |
After the bridal brunch, we headed over to the reception site, The Argyle Club, to get ready. It was so much fun for all of us to get ready together! As soon as we were dressed and ready to go, we headed downstairs to take pictures before heading to the church.
 |
| Gorgeous arrangement on the piano with one of Gina's bridals |
 |
| So beautiful! |
 |
| I was OBSESSED with the flowers! |
 |
| The lawn at The Argyle |
 |
| Front doors |
 |
| The Porch |
 |
| Gina's and the family wedding pictures |
 |
| Precious! |
 |
| The BEAUTIFUL dress! |
1 comment:
Thank you so much for such a sweet documentary of our wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were the best Matron of Honor a girl could ever ask for. Thank you for all the work you did and helping me with every little detail. I love you and feel so blessed to have you as my best friend!!! Love you!
Post a Comment